Being a writer


I just joined this support group for writers  - The Insecure Writers Support Group, also known as ISWG. IWSG was created by Alex J. Cavanaugh and his monthly support team, Joylene Novell Butler, Jen Chandler, Mary Aalgaard,Lisa Buie Collard, Tamara Narayan, Tyrean Martinson, and Christine Rains!  Special thanks to all.

The first Wednesday of each month is officially the "Insecure Writer's Support Group Day". A writing prompt is given on that day, and you are supposed to post on the same. So, the prompt for today, being the first Wednesday of November is:

November 2 Question: What is your favorite aspect of being a writer?

A writers derives many things from writing. For me writing, like a magic potion, has always been very therapeutic. Here is an attempt to crystallize my thoughts on writing in the form of a poem:


Writing is the culmination of the tsunami of my thoughts. 
Writing is the proof of the exuberance of my emotions.
Writing is the visible iceberg of my imagination.
Writing is my heart, soul and inseparable companion.


I do not create stories, poems, plays or prose.
I create and destroy several parallel universe.
I give birth to some and kill some character
I play God, in my head, and on paper.

I derive strength, I derive solace,
I derive happiness and I derive joy.
Writing is a way of expressing a promise.
Writing is the freedom from this matrix.

So, if you want to join this group, please sign up here #IWSG


12 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to express what you love about being a writer! Excellent. And I love your page with the earthy veggies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and your kind words of encouragement.

      Delete
  2. I love how you express it. You really show a deep well of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to IWSG, Brajadulal. I love how you captured the essence of being a writer. It's a wonderful and terrifying feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the IWSG, Brajadulal! "I play God in my head and on paper." ~ Loved that line, for of course, that's one of the amazing aspects of writing, we are creating characters and places out of everything that is in us! Happy writing in November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome. Really appreciate your stopping by on my page and for the kind words.

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the IWSG! Your poem does a beautiful job describing how most of us feel about writing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton. It is my privilege to be part of this wonderful group.

      Delete
  6. That was beautiful and very clever.
    Welcome to the IWSG! Sorry I'm late getting around. Just so many participants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Alex. IWSG rocks!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog. Your comments and suggestions are welcome!